What was the Problem?
Customer decided to automate the testing for existing product which was 100% manually tested. Target was to shorten test execution cycles and increase test coverage.
What was the customer
Test automation to minimize test execution time, promote continuous integration and testing.
Use skills of manual tester without need of programming knowledge.
Automating most of manual test cases to reduce Test Execution cycles.
Continuous release cycles should be possible.
It should be easy to change test data.
What is the Solution?
Used in-house developed QA Automation Framework to automate mobile application testing.
- The framework supports both iOS and Android applications.
- Test Suits are written in the excel file.
- No knowledge of Automation is needed.
Framework takes this excel file as input and runs all the test cases on the application by automating UI.
Framework generates detailed well formatted HTML report. Report contains details which gives analytical data for passed and failed test cases. It also keeps log which helps to fix issues quickly.
Promotes continuous integration and testing. At end of execution sends report by email to all stakeholders.
Robust framework which would enable the addition and removal of the test scenarios with no change in code.
- Faster Time to Market: Less test execution time, reduced test cycles for release quality.
- Less Cost: Faster results with a smaller number of QA engineers. No need of automation engineer.
- Scope of work is limited: Only write test cases in excel format. No scripting needed which reduces scope of development.
Quality: Little better execution quality than Manual Testing. Test Cases are written by Manual QA, so source is same but during execution no manual mistakes like skipping steps/test cases. Developers can also run test automation to get early feedback and fix issues before release.
Substantially reduced the test execution time. QA team is now more focused to generated new test cases and testing new features.
Continuous releases possible as quality is checked every day.